Thursday, October 02, 2008

Vintage La Carrera Panamericana



CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE


Over the last few years I have seen a lot of vintage La Carrera Pamamericana posters, magazine covers, paintings and so on and I have yet to see one that didn't excite me. Maybe it's the flavor of them or how simple they are in that they say so much about the wonderful adventure of Mexico and the passion of La Carrera Panamericana with so little.

This old magazine cover seems to have it all and more. It has Mexican race fans old and young alike along the highway, cactus, historical old race cars, donkeys, sombreros, ponchos, missions, beautiful senoritas, dirt road but more importantly it shows the Mexican people and all their passion and love of this historical event.

2 comments:

Automobiliart.com said...

That cover is certainly 'alive' ... I love it!

Gary Faules said...

It certainly is. Thanks for turning me on to it Paul.