Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Early Bird Gets The Worm


#290 1967 Volvo 122S

Or should I say The Apple? This afternoon Richard Baily of Team Apple Farmer Racing called me from where else... The hotel at the staring line in Huatulco Mexico!!! I just about died laughing. This afternoon I watched one hell of a NASCAR race and one thing I noticed that really stood out with the top teams was how excited the entire team is and how they all work together and if there is anything I noticed in Richard's voice it was that same excitement.



Man this team is excited and they mean business. Hell, they even welcomed Eduardo Leon when he arrived. LOL! I must say I share their enthusiasm and if I could I'd be right there next to them. While I tend to feel much safer having accompanied the Coyote Convoy not to mention I wouldn't miss a few days in San Miguel de Allende with friends, there is a lot to be said for getting to an event like this early. Just ask anyone who knows me if I tend to get places early and they will tell you it's true.

In my opinion there is a lot to be gained from it... You get to rest up and relax more than everyone else. You get to see a few sites that you otherwise would miss out on. This is BIG in my opinion. Think about going to the Vatican and not meeting The Pope or attending mass. You get to pick the best spot for your trailer and see the lay of the land which in turn just makes the whole experience more relaxed giving you more time to deal with anything that comes up with the car. While other teams are running around dealing with what ever, Team Apple Farmer Racing will be relaxed and ready to race.

Having raced in the 2007 LCP with Richard I know him to be a great competitor one hell bent for leather and able to have a great time doing it. Good Luck Team Apple Farmer Racing!!!

No comments: