Friday, November 23, 2007

Little did I know

Remember the day I told you about the road block Jon and I had to run when I could not convince the angry protesters to let us pass? Well, this is the same place where we were attempting to go in Oaxaca except this was just months prior and appears to be the same sort of protest. When we saw them begin to kick an officials car and try to break his windows... That's when I told Jon to hang on it was going to get wild and I punched it and drove straight thru a sigh hung with rope and rocks.

What's amazing is that almost nobody saw this side of Oaxaca and the truth is I am looking forward top going back again. The have done an amazing turning all that hostility into a place where we felt safe. Of course, an army can help you do that.

No comments: