Thursday, October 28, 2010

Class Act

I want to thanks the La Carrera organization for the additional safety
features that they have instituted over the last few years.

I am OK after my crash - not even sore. I attribute this to the
professionalism of the La Carrera tech inspectors. The recently
required FIA certified seats or more specifically, the seat back
bracing that they required me to do in Tuxtla may have saved my life.
Certainly, the required HANS device, window net, and roll cage all
helped to allow me to walk away without even a scratch.

The frame/roll cage appear to be undamaged. I plan on replacing the
body and look forward to competing in the La Carrera again next year.

Sincerely Yours,

Bill Beilharz

1 comment:

Nikki Bua said...

Bill - thank you for the note, I know all of us watching from afar had heard you were OK but it's great to hear it directly from you! I'm so glad for all the safety equipment - can't believe you guys are walking away from some of these crashes after seeing pictures of the cars.