Monday, July 09, 2007

Lucky has a new friend (Can Lucky come out and play?)




I sure hope we don't get in trouble. The other day I placed an ad in the paper to sell Lucky's rear end and boy did that ad get a lot of response! Check out Lucky's cute new little friend that dropped by to check out Lucky.

I finally finished wiring up the fuel sender to the FUEL SAFE Racing cell. While I was at it I installed the spare tire mounting bracket which was designed and built by IMPACT ENGINEERING that is required to race in the La Carrera Panamericana. Most spare tires found in GT350's were located in the back seat shelve area however due to the complex full roll cage which another IMPACT ENGINEERING design found in Lucky it will be a lot faster to get the spare out should we need it. Besides, I don't think Jon or I will be keeping our luggage in the trunk anyway.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just want to say, I'm an avid fan of this series, the car looks impossibly glamorous :) I can't wait to see the 'Stang tearing it up in Mexico!

Incidentally, I was considering - as a rather more long-term plan - building a spaceframe chassis and Elektron body of the '55 endurance racer that never made it to Mexico - the 300 SLR Coupe. (It's SO much better-looking than the 300SL replicas...)

Gary Faules said...

Hello Joshua and thanks for the kudos. Believe me we are as excited as you are and we can't wait either.

Keep up on that long-term plan and don't give up. That would be an excellent choice of car for any race.