Friday, April 20, 2007

Body shop update

If you have been keeping up with the progress of this build you will remember my frustration with the lack of progress by the last body shop and how excited I was to run into a long lost friend who was one of my prior body men from long ago. He told me the car would be ready in about two weeks which really got my heart pumping and I droped the car off last Thursday afternoon. On the following Monday morning I stopped by and he told me he was going to shoot the paint on Tuesday and I got even more excited even though I asked him to wait a few days because I had ordered all new front fenders, headlight buckets and other body pieces. Today while I was dropping off the final body pieces he asked me if it would be ok if he painted and finished it on Monday. In front of some of his customers I yelled, "FIRST YOU TELL ME THE CAR WILL BE READY IN TWO WEEKS AND NOW IT'S ONLY A WEEK AND YOU'RE FINISHED! WHAT KIND OF A PLACE ARE YOU RUNNING HERE?" Needless to say we all had a good laugh. How refresshing it is when someone goes out of their way to perform. I AM STOKED!

1 comment:

Brett Svatek said...

I wish all subcontractors were like that...i'd have fewer gray hairs.