Saturday, January 06, 2007

What's the hold up?

Like the monkey said when he got his tail caught in the meat grinder... "It won't be long now." While the car is having it's cage built not to mention the fuel cell cage and some other goodies I just can't seem to contain myself. I will be going over there this weekend to discuss plans for all that will be done. After they are finished with the car it will go back to the body shop to be fitted with new fiberglass parts and then painted. After that I can get to work doing what I enjoy so much. Details, details and more details. Simplicity is good but there can be no excuse for lack of attention when building what will be a winning car.

Over the last week I have had numerous business appointments that have kept me more than busy but this weekend I have a bit of a cold so I will get rested up but in the mean time my son Will and my navigator Jon will be racing at one of our favorite tracks... Laguna Seca. No doubt they will be thinking how fast and fun it will be to drive the new car there when it's completed.

But in the meantime, enjoy this video of a GT350 in a race. Oh sure, unlike the La Carrera Panamericana, there are no cliffs, donkeys, cattle, trees, and lack of safety but what the hell, it's racing.

No comments: