Sunday, November 19, 2006

Ya picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel...


One huge difference in the La Carrera Panamericana and most other races is the simple fact that on race courses you don't see trees, phone poles, bridges with no guard rails let alone cliffs, rock walls and donkeys. The La Carrera Panamericana has this and a lot more. This is just part of the challenge we look forward to and in fact welcome. Nothing can be more rewarding to a driver when it comes to overcoming a challenge and some obstacles. Yesterday I was reading about a racer in La Carrera Panamericana who came around a corner at high speed only to find half the road washed out from the night before! That reminds me of exactly such an event when I went to Mexico in 1970 as I came hauling over a rise only to find no road on the other side. A missing road is no problem but those 50 foot drops can be a real downer. (literaly)

No comments: